Wednesday, April 4, 2012

REVIEW: Ole Henriksen Vitamin Plus

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Ole Henriksen's Vitamin Plus Creme. It is 1/6 of the Oily and Blemish Prone Starter Kit available at Sephora. I have decided to review all of the products separately instead of in 1 post, because that's just what they deserve.

Along my journey of looking for the perfect skincare routine I came across this little beauty in the kit that I have been talking about in my previous posts. I'm going to start off by saying that my favorite thing about this moisturizer is how lightweight it is. It gets the job done without making my face all greasy, which is what I've been dealing with the moisturizers that I have currently been using. I love that when I used this I did not have to worry about my skin looking like an oil field because it was just perfect on my skin. It is the perfect balance to having normal skin, which I of course do not because I have oily skin. Which sucks but like Raven said "Yes I have oily skin. I'm 37, and I look like I'm 22 and it's because I have oily fucking skin". I am sorry I had to quote one of my favorite queens but I am more than happy to accept this free anti-aging serum that god has given me. I have noticed that the only con I keep bringing into the mix is the strong scent of the products so I will not mention it as a con anymore because I love it. I love that the smell is not so much fragrance as a representative of the fresh ingredients used in the products like fruit extracts and leaf extracts. It is not "perfumey" at all and it does not linger for long. It is definitely safe to say that this is my HG moisturizer as of now. If you have not noticed by now these OLE reviews are turning into raves. It did not make me break out which is always my concern when trying new things. The texture is nice and fluffy and absorbs into the skin instantly and does not leave residue behind. The description lists it as "dewy" but do not let that scare you off. I would describe it more as a lush feeling because it feels divine on the face. I did not experience any problems at all when using this moisturizer. It is great for sensitive skin because of its calming ingredients which soothed my red skin after my cleansing and toning.


Thanks to Ole Henriksen, I have found my HG products for when my skin is acting up. I most definitely recommend this to anyone struggling on finding a moisturizer that will treat your skin without harshness. I am so in love with the moisturizer because I have never tried anything else like it. Once again, it definitely is worth every penny as an investment to great skin. That is it for this review, I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do. =)


Price: $35.00USD
Amount: 1.7oz
Will I repurchase this?: I definitely will when I finish the rest of the temporary ones.
Do I recommend this?: Yes, this moisturizer is the perfect balance for oily skin.
Recession Seal: I have to say APPROVED because although the price tag is steep, the cleanser will last you a long time. 

What Ole Henriksen says about their product: "Ideal for those who don't want a heavy moisturizer, but crave intense hydration, this dewy, light creme infuses skin with potent antioxidants and herbs, imparting a radiant glow.”


Benefits:
-Aloe Vera gel Moisturizes, calms and heals the skin

-Hazelnut oil Nourishes with vitamins and antioxidants
-Horse chestnut Lightens skin tone and calms sensitive skin
-Korean ginseng Increases cellular energy and stimulates microcirculation
-Oat flour Mattifies, calms and controls shine
-Vitamins A, C, D and E Works in synergy to enhance the effectiveness of each nutrient

  • Packaging: 4/5 
  • Value: 5/5 
  • Effectiveness: 5/5 
  • Price: 4/5 
  • Overall: 5/5

(sorry for craptastic out of focus picture, but this is what it looks like.)

For reference this is what the kit looks like. Look out for the reviews on the rest of these products.


Where to Buy: (Ole Henriksen or Sephora)

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.




Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: