Friday, June 15, 2012

REVIEW: MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.

I want to start off this review by saying that looking back now I regret not giving this foundation more of a chance. When I first bought it, I wore it a couple of days with no signs of blemishes. I used it for about 1 week straight before the misery came along, the blemishes. They weren't too predominant, but they were definitely caused by this foundation. Normally when a product starts to break me out I either toss it or return it because my skin is so sensitive to blemishes that I don't want to risk them getting any worse. If I continued using this foundation I would break out like crazy, and my face would've taken weeks to recover. I got mine in the shade NC40 which I thought was going to be way too light for me, but it turned out perfect during the day. It wasn't so hot in photos though, which was a total bummer. In natural light it looked great on me, but I would look really washed out in flash photography. 

The foundation runs dark so it is recommended to get a shade or two lighter than what you would normally get. I'm normally an NC42. I stopped using this foundation for a long time because of the reaction my skin was having. I recently started using it again, and it was a total fail for me. It felt super heavy and thick on my face, which it didn't before. Especially around the eye area for me it would get really cakey without much product at all. This was of course because my skin was more dry at the time. It works amazing for me when I have oily skin though. I swear if this foundation didn't break me out it would be my holy grail. 

The Five Fundamental Foundation Factors:
  • Texture: The texture of this foundation is very thin, and runny.
  • Application: Because the texture of this foundation is very thin, the application can get tricky. It dries very quickly so as soon as you apply it on your face you have to work quickly or you will get left with dry patches. I've applied this foundation with both my beauty blender and my face brushes, and I prefer to apply it with a buffing brush like the MAC 109.
  • Longevity: This foundation is probably the best foundation I have ever tried that stays on the whole day. I did tend to get some foundation transfer when my skin would get oily after wearing it after a couple of hours, but it didn't interfere with the overall look. Even my blush lasted all day long while wearing this foundation. 
  • Coverage: In my opinion this is a medium to full coverage foundation. I have very problematic skin and I barely had to apply any at all. I didn't need concealer or anything when I applied this foundation.
  • Skin: On the skin this foundation is very light, and it lets your skin breathe. This is the kind of foundation that you will most likely forget you have on. A little goes a long way though, so if you put on too much it is very easy for this foundation to feel cakey on your face.


Price: $29.50USD
Amount: 30ml/1.0 fl oz.
Will I repurchase this?: I might give it another try in the near future.
Do I recommend this?: If you have normal-combination oily skin I definitely recommend this. I would not recommend this if you have dry skin because it might look cakey.
Recession Seal: Approved. A little goes a long way with this foundation.

What MAC says about their product: "A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection"

  • Packaging: 5/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 4/5
  • Price: 3/5
  • Overall: 4/5


Where to Buy: MAC Cosmetics counters, stores, or websites.

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.




Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: