Tuesday, April 3, 2012

REVIEW: Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Face Tonic

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Ole Henriksen's Grease Relief Face Tonic. It is 1/6 of the Oily and Blemish Prone Starter Kit available at Sephora. I have decided to review all of the products separately instead of in 1 post, because that's just what they deserve.



Here is the second review from the Starter Kit I mentioned in my previous post. As I mentioned also in that post with my HG cleanser, it works 10x better paired with its corresponding toner. This is that toner that makes the cleanser perform that much better.  I almost feel awakward writing this review because I have nothing but good things to say about it and I minus well call it a rave. This toner did all it promised and more. I used it with a cotton pad after cleansing with the Aloe Vera cleanser, and it felt so amazing. Most of the toners I have used have ended up leaving my face a red and splotchy mess, but not this baby. What I found most interesting about this toner was the lactic acid which helps with cell renewal and exfoliation which in turn helps with acne scarring. Something that I unfortunately have too much of. I can not say that the toner alone aided in that, but it helped along with other products. One of the things that I loved most about the toner was how soothing it was. It feels like putting calamine lotion on a bug bite, a very nice feeling. The only thing I have to "con" about this product is once again the overwhelming fragrance. The smell is very minty so it feels very refreshing and clean. I recently just finshed the bottle which sucks so I am temporarily using a drugstore one hoping to have the guts to bite the bullet once again to purchase it. 

Thanks to Ole Henriksen, I have found my HG products for when my skin is acting up. I most definitely recommend this to anyone struggling on finding a toner that will treat your skin without harshness. I am so in love with the toner because I have never tried anything else like it. Once again, it definitely is worth every penny as an investment to great skin. That is it for this review, I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do. =)


Price: $21.00USD / $30.00USD
Amount: 7 fl oz. / 12 fl oz.
Will I repurchase this?: I definitely will when I finish the rest of the temporary ones.
Do I recommend this?: Yup! An effective toner that isn't harsh on the skin.
Recession Seal: I have to say APPROVED because although the price tag is steep, the cleanser will last you a long time. 

What Ole Henriksen says about their product: "A high potency facial tonic that quickly and completely chases and heals breakouts, and tightens pores. Azulene, comfrey, hops, and goldenseal comfort and calm, leaving your skin feeling soothed and more refined in appearance."


Benefits:
-Lactic acid: F gentle exfoliation and cell renewal.
-Camphor: Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory.
-Golden seal: Soothing, calming.
-Comfrey extract: Anti-inflammatory, astringent, emollient.

  • Packaging: 5/5
  • Value: 5/5
  • Effectiveness: 5/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 5/5

For reference this is what the kit looks like. Look out for the reviews on the rest of these products.


Where to Buy: (Ole Henriksen or Sephora)

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.






Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product. 

No comments: