Thursday, April 5, 2012

REVIEW: Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Ole Henriksen's Invigorating Night Gel. It is 1/6 of the Oily and Blemish Prone Starter Kit available at Sephora. I have decided to review all of the products separately instead of in 1 post, because that's just what they deserve.


Here is the next installment for the Oily Skin kit from sephora. I would consider this gel more of a serum than a moisturizer because it is very lightweight. I needed to use another moisturizer after using this and my choice of weapon was Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation which I wish I had in full size for a proper review, but that will come in time. One thing that I did not like was that it took a coupole of minutes to soak into my skin. What really intrigued me about this gel was the claim that it helps give you a brighter complexion. As you may know I suffer from blemish prone skin, which leaves behind nasty blemish scars. I am always on the hunt for stuff to help. The cell turnover claim in products always draw me in because I have faith in that kind of "science". When I first started using the gel my skin was a little sensitive to it. It didn't burn but the sensation was definitely noticeable. It went away after about a week in of using it. I suspect maybe it was the AHA, but it did not stop me from trying it out again. This thing smells amazing, it smells like a fruit basket and it is very delicious. I love that this gel helps treat blemishes and helps deal with their aftermath. Most serums for uneven skin tone are just for that, but this baby is good at multi-tasking. It took me about a month of usage to notice any difference, but it was a significant difference. I did notice that the color of the scars began to fade.

As far as the anti-aging claim, I wouldn't notice it because I don't have wrinkles right now. I did feel my skin get firmer as time went on with using it though. The container that I had lasted me a good year, so I can imagine that the full size one will last you quite a long time because a little really does go a long way. I do plan on getting this in the future I just am having a really hard time comitting to a skincare line because once your skin gets used to something, the halo effect fades away.

Thanks to Ole Henriksen, I have found my HG products for when my skin is acting up. I most definitely recommend this to anyone struggling on finding a serum that will treat your skin without harshness. I am so in love with the gel moisturizer because I have never tried anything else like it. Once again, it definitely is worth every penny as an investment to great skin. That is it for this review, I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do. =)


Price: $45.00USD
Amount: 1.7oz
Will I repurchase this?: Yes it definitely delivered for me.
Do I recommend this?: Yes I absolutely recommend it if you have mild scarring due to past blemishes. But beware if you have very sensitive skin.
Recession Seal: Approved. A little goes a long way and it is very potent.

What Ole Henriksen says about their product: "An exceptionally lightweight gel that stimulates cell turnover, exposing a younger, firmer-looking complexion. A soothing moisture barrier instantly seals in essential vitamins and minerals. It is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens, Sulfates, Synthetic Dyes, Phthalates, GMO, and Triclosan.”

 


Benefits:
-AHA complex: Helps cell renewal, diminish lines and wrinkles, smooth texture, and minimize blemishes.

-Algae extract: Nourishes the skin.
-Mucopolysaccharides: Binds moisture to the skin, hydrates.


  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 5/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 5/5



For reference this is what the kit looks like. Look out for the reviews on the rest of these products.


Where to Buy: (Sephora or Ole Henriksen's website.)

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.

Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: