Wednesday, December 14, 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION: Tarte Tarteist Paint Palette Collector's Set

I don't have a lot to say about this set but I will say this, I am glad it is no longer available and that nobody else has to waste their money on it. I paid $59 for it on Sephora's website and returned it the next day after I received it. I didn't even think the eyeshadows deserved to be photographed, that's how bad they were. So unfortunately I don't have swatch pictures for this set but I do have some pretty product shots to share. Because I didn't have a chance to play with it for long, these are my first impressions.

Eyeshadows: The ones with the most pigment were the shimmers but overall they all lacked the kind of color payoff I look for, which is decent at least. Most were sheer and just glitter/shimmer and they seemed to disappear the more I patted them.
Blush: Light pigmentation.
Highlighter: Very shimmery and sheer.
Bronzers: Very shimmery but not enough pigment to compensate for it.
Eyeliner: Not 100% waterproof but it didn't budge with the usual rub test. Very black and worth trying.
Mascara: Did not allow my thin straight lashes to hold any curl and flaked on me.
Lip Paint: Very pretty and nice pigmentation.

Overall this is something you could definitely live without so please don't even go looking to pay an insane amount of cheddar on eBay for it.


Click Read More to check out the rest of the shots!




DISCLOSURE: The product featured in this post was purchased by me.

No comments: