Tuesday, January 31, 2012

REVIEW: tarte EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.


So unfortunately this product is something that is going to have to get a thumb down from me. The handful of times that I have tried to use it, I have had a really bad reaction. My eye immediately starts burning when I put it on my lower waterline/lashline. It gets really red and irritated and just starts to burn. This is the first time I have ever had a reaction to a makeup product and I have no idea why that is. I am afraid to ever try it on again so maybe after a while I will test it out again. The other times I have tried it on my upper lashline and it just didn’t do any better really. As much as it claims to be long wearing it just does not work that way for me. For the most part I feel like tarte over hypes their products with all these benefits because as I’ve been using their primer and other products I haven’t seen any of the benefits. I would recommend this if you do not have sensitive eyes and you love a creamy gel liner. I think I will stick to liquid for now because in my opinion gel is so hard to work with, especially if you don’t have a good brush. This is the one that I received with the true blood palette so it just might be a "travel" sized issue like with most things. I know that MAC traveI brushes tend to suck compared to the full sized ones. So if I ever get the full sized version I will update this post with that new experiment. I just can't recommend this to my fellow readers because I don't think it is the easiest pencil to work with. I'm so sad that this liner did not work out, so I guess I'll be sticking to faithful old MUFE Aqua Eyes. Enjoy! :)

Price: $18.00USD
Amount: 0.003oz
Shade Range: They have your basic colors for everyday wear.

What tarte says about their product: "A revolutionary long-wearing eye liner that contains intensely rich mineral pigments in a 50% water concentration.This revolutionary EmphasEYES™ Aqua-Gel Eyeliner captures the high-pigment concentration and staying power of a gel pot in an effortless pencil, no brush required! Even more unique is the proprietary formula which suspends rich mineral pigments in a 50% water concentration. By a process of hydrous pigmentation, cooling and refreshing pure water absorbs into the skin to hydrate and replenish the delicate eye area, leaving behind an intense, long-wearing, and pigment-rich color. Fortified with vitamin E, cucumber, and aloe this soothing Aqua-Gel Eyeliner maintains moisture balance in the skin while treating with healing free-radical fighters. EmphasEYES™ Aqua-Gel Eyeliner contains Skinvigorating™ ingredients like pure water that suspends mineral pigments while delivering and retaining moisture to replenish and hydrate skin, aloe leaf extract known for its soothing, healing, and antiseptic properties, which maintain moisture balance in the skin, vitamin E, which acts as an anti-inflammatory emollient and fights free radical damage, cucumber extract, which is rich in vitamins A &C and helps soothe skin, and mineral pigments, which have been known to soothe and soften the skin. Due to the unique nature of this formula, do not over advance the tip. A little is all you need to achieve rich color intensity! Make sure to always securely replace the cap to prevent dry out."

Will I repurchase this?: No.
Do I recommend this?: Not for those with sensitive eyes.
Recession Seal: Denied. Check out a drugstore longwearing liner like the Maybelline or Revlon ones.
  • Packaging: 3/5
  • Value: 3/5
  • Effectiveness: 2/5
  • Price: 3/5
  • Overall: 2/5

Where to Buy: (Sephora stores/online)



Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Wow! That sucks it irritated your eyes. I LOVE this liner. I also first tried it when I got my Tarte True Blood palette, and actually just finished it this week :( Which I am sad about.

However, I don't think the formulation is different from the full size to travel size. With MAC Brushes, the travel SE brushes are not hand made, so the quality it lacking. Thanks for the review.

blog.missbrittanyboo.com