Monday, January 9, 2012

REVIEW: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

So I want to start off by saying that I went ahead and bough this primer knowing that it had a reputation to break people out, I decided to take that risk since it was one of Sephora’s best selling primers. If you wanna know more about this product, please read on.

I’m happy to report that I have experienced no blemishes since using this primer. I bought the travel sized primer after I saw it in the displays at the checkout line. Does anyone else get suckered into always getting something from there? Well I happen to love the consistency of this primer. I know a lot of people do not like the silicone feeling such as the one with this primer but I like it. I like how it feels when I apply it on my face because it feels like it really smoothes out my skin to help with my problem areas. When I wore the primer I felt like my makeup did go on smoother and it did help it last longer throughout the day. I would recommend this to people who have issues with texture on the skin like I do. The silicone really does help fill in pores and any other skin imperfections. By the way if you are going to invest into the full sized product I would recommend just getting two of these travel sized ones because they each come with half an ounce and the total would be 32 dollars. When you buy the full sized one it comes out to 36 dollars and it is the same amount so you pay less by getting the smaller ones.

Price: $16.00USD
Amount: 0.5 oz.
Will I repurchase this?: Not likely because it is pricey for a primer.
Recession Seal: Denied. There are a large number of primers that do just a good job but cheaper.

What Smashbox says about their product: "Smashbox makeup artists use this product to create a perfect canvas for foundation application. The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish. Use after moisturizer and before foundation for complexion perfection. This skin-soothing blend of antioxidants, which can be worn alone or under foundation, works overtime to fill in fine lines and even out skin texture.”

My Skin Profile:
-Oily/Combination
-Olive/Tan
-Problems: Dry cheeks, oily t-zone, large pores, and uneven skin tone.
-MAC Reference: NC42

Packaging: 4/5
Value: 3/5
Effectiveness: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5

Where to Buy: Sephora, Smashbox.com

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: