Monday, January 9, 2012

REVIEW: Sephora Collection Perfecting Cover Foundation

Hello my lovelies so here is yet another foundation post. I swear my life is just a never ending journey of trying to find the perfect foundation for me. It’s so hard though because my skin changes so often. I can be oily one month and then dry the next so I have to find something that works for both. If you wanna know more about this product, please read on.


So this foundation has been my first “mask” one. I absolutely love the coverage it gives my face but that’s pretty much all the foundation has going for it. I would try and mix this with my MUFE HD foundation but it still didn’t improve it much. It did not help my uneven skin tone at all because the foundation would just not blend into my skin. It made every flaw I have on my face 10 times worse. It made my flaky patches and my large pores much more visible. Although I have oily/combo skin this foundation was very thick and it just felt so heavy on my face. I would recommend you giving this a try if you have normal skin and have minimal flaws but still like a good coverage. I actually appreciate the color range this foundation has to offer. I got it in the shade 30 Sand and at first it was okay on me but then the color would oxidize as it melted off of my face and it made me look like a giant ashy elbow. Longevity wise this foundation could just not keep up with my typical 8 hour day. It started to fade off after about 4 hours of wear. A major factor for me is that it did not make me break out or give me any sort of other issues to deal with. If you do not have a lot of issues, I think with a little manipulation you could make it work. I’m still trying to figure out how to make it work for my skin and if I find a solution I will for sure let you guys know. I hope you guys enjoy the rundown on this foundation J. Stay tuned for my next review.

Price: $22.00USD
Amount: 1.1oz
Will I repurchase this?: Definitely not, I’m struggling to finish the tube I have right now.  
Recession Seal: Approved. This is one of the cheapest foundations you will see at sephora.

My Skin Profile:
-Oily/Combination
-Olive/Tan
-Problems: Dry cheeks, oily t-zone, large pores, and uneven skin tone.
-MAC Reference: NC42

What Sephora says about their product: "A full-coverage foundation to create a flawlessly smooth effect. This long-lasting foundation delivers an advanced definition complexion as it smoothes and perfects skin's appearance. Every skintone can create a virtually invisible look with one of its 12 shades. To smooth expression lines, this foundation contains peptides extracted from the seeds of hibiscus. For a long-lasting finish, micro-spherical powders absorb sebum. A moisturizing complex provides hydrating properties. This oil-free, non-comedogenic formula is tested under dermatological control.”

Packaging: 4/5
Value: 4 /5
Effectiveness: 3/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

Where to Buy: Sephora





Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The Product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: