Wednesday, February 1, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

So while I was on an intense skincare kick I checked out the body shop for the first time. Their tea tree line did wonders for me and when my skin started to clear up I decided to venture out into their other lines. If you wanna read more about this product, please click the jump for more!


First off I am obsessed with the way that the seaweed line smells. It smells like a clean breeze of fresh air and very sea like. This might bother some people because it is indeed very fragrant. I enjoyed using this cleanser to remove my makeup because it didn't really give my skin the clean feeling I usually like. I used this cleanser with the little hand brush they also sell at The Body Shop and it really got all of my makeup off. When I used the cleanser on its own it felt like it left a thin layer of oily residue on my face which obviously is not a very clean feeling. So I would have to go back with another cleanser to remove that residue. Although I was having the residue issue for a while, towards the end of the bottle the gel seemed a little bit more concentrated. So I do think something was wrong with the gel at the top of the bottle. The gel at the bottom did a pretty good job at cleaning my skin without leaving residue behind. It actually did leave my skin very soft and baby smooth. I did feel like it balanced my skin out because it didn't feel all dried out and squeaky clean. Apart from the residue thing I did feel like my skin was left cleansed and purified. I would recommend trying out the travel kit for this line because it gives you a chance to try out a full routine for such a steal at $25! The cleanser in this kit is 2 fl oz and the full size one is 1.3 more and 12 dollars on its own. Unfortunately since I do have blemish prone skin I have a hard time convincing myself to use products that are not meant for blemish prone skin. My sister who has really oily skin, enjoyed this cleanser very much so she is the one that gets the most use out of it now. I have to admit though if I ever have normal skin this is a cleanser I would make apart of my routine. That's all I have for this review. Enjoy! :)

Price: $13.00USD (+10% off with membership)
Amount: 3.3 fl oz

What The Body Shop says about their product: "A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and purified."

Will I repurchase this?: No it didn't really work out for me.
Do I recommend this?: Yes if you have normal and balanced skin.
Recession Seal: Approved. The Body Shop constantly has sales and discounts.

  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 3/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 3/5
Where to Buy: (The Body Shop stores/online.)



Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.


 


Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: