Monday, January 30, 2012

REVIEW: Palladio Rice Powder

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.

So for me, this product was a hit and miss. When I used it to set my face it caked up my foundation almost immediately. I tried applying it with a puff, a stippling brush, and a big fluffy brush. I was almost ready to give up on it, but I wanted to tough it out so that I could properly review it for you guys. I have oily combination skin so it worked decent enough on my oily t-zone but on my cheeks, it was a cracked out disaster. If I just use the powder on its own I could try to make it work for me. But I’m just the kind of person who is more confident throughout the day when I apply a setting spray. As for the application itself, it didn’t really blend into my skin. I could literally just see it sitting on top of my skin and contrary to popular belief, that’s not a good look people. The powder did not make my foundation last any longer than it would on its own. My skin was an oil slick about 1 hour into application. Also it unfortunately made me break out because I could feel it clogging my pores. The shade availability is for mostly lighter skin tones so those with darker complexions will be disappointed from the get go. Rice powder is something that I wanted to try out because I heard it works great for oily skin, but in this formula it just did not work for me. The fragrance on the powder is really strong and it kind of smells like old school 90’s makeup. When I used the powder on my mom to set her foundation, the smell bothered her all night. That’s all I have for this review, talk to you next time. Enjoy! :)


Price: $4.99USD (varies)
Amount: 0.6oz
Shade Range: Nude, Translucent, Natural, and Warm Beige.

What Palladio says about their product: "Oil-absorbing highlighter. Not tested on animals. Non-comedogenic. The Original Rice Powder ancient Chinese secret formula. Discovered by a renowned professional makeup artist it has been and still is the oldest of all the make artist trade secrets. It is used primarily as an oil-absorbing highlighter and makeup setter. By absorbing excess oil, it also maintains proper pH level to the skins mantle. Triple milled for a fine silky texture. Nude: For any lighter skin tone. Translucent: For pale and sallow skin. Natural: For any lighter skin tone. Warm Beige: For darker skin tones."

Will I repurchase this?: Unfortunately not, it’s just too thick for my setting powder standards.
Do I recommend this?: No, I would recommend saving up for a higher quality setting powder.
Recession Seal: Approved!

  • Packaging: 3/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 3/5
  • Price: 5/5
  • Overall: 3/5

Where to Buy: (Sally Beauty Supply Stores/Online.)




Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: