Sunday, January 29, 2012

REVIEW: L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof Mascara

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.


First off I want to say that I hope that people did not get suckered into believing that these lashes would actually give them a false lash effect. Although these mascaras are getting trendy among the beauty community, most will not be even close to looking like false lashes. I have to say though this mascara does an almost job of making my lashes look fake. I suffer from short wispy lashes that point straight down. As much as I love length, I wear glasses so it is not a good combo. I’m all for volume and drama though because it gives my eyes more definition. That matched up with my little eyes always leaves me self conscious when doing full blown eye looks. As much as I love fake lashes, they are just not made for my wonky eye shape, so most of the time I just try to make my real lashes look as good as possible. When I use this mascara either on its own or with a complete eye look, I definitely feel confident in my lashes. The one I picked up was in Waterproof blackest black and unfortunately it wasn't on sale. There really is no special way to use this mascara so I just tip my head back and wiggle it back and forth from the roots of my lashes to the edges. The difference is noticeable almost immediately. The wear time on this mascara for me was about 10 hours Of course by then it lost most of its curl but still had a good look to it. For me the main problem I have with mascara is that it smudges onto my bottom lash line because of my eye shape. I did test it out the waterproof and surprisingly it held up pretty well other than some volume loss. I do have sensitive eyes so I can report that this formula did not irritate or bother my eyes. One thing though I really recommend not sleeping in it EVER. I admit I did one night when I was dead tired from partying all night, and it was a pain in the morning! So aside from very minor cons, this mascara is a big plus for me and at the moment it is my current everyday favorite mascara. This definitely does give me voluminous lashes!


I personally think the fiber effect is pretty cool. I don’t really notice “fibers” on my lashes but if it works then I won’t complain about not seeing them. I definitely recommend waiting for a BOGO sale if you want to pick this mascara up because it is on the pricier side of the spectrum for a drugstore brand. Check out the picture below to see more pictures and before and afters with the mascara. Enjoy! :)

Price: $8.99USD
Amount: 0.35oz/15ml
Shade Range: Black, Blackest Black, Brown, and Black Brown.

What L’Oreal says about their product: "L'Oreal introduces voluminous false fiber lashes mascara. Our lash sculpting fiber formula adheres to lashes for a volumized, sculpted lash effect. Lashes appear fuller, longer, sculpted and curled at every angle. Clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free. Fragrance-free. Ophthalmologist & allergy tested. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."

Will I repurchase this?: I tend to always try new ones, but yes I will repurchase this one.
Do I recommend this?: Yes, it is one of my favorite drugstore buys!
Recession Seal: Approved. Drugstores always have deals going on for BOGO.

  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 5/5
  • Effectiveness: 4/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 5/5
Where to Buy: (Drugstores.)




My bare lashes, with no curling.

 My bare lashes, with curling.


My lashes, with 1 coat of mascara.




Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product. 

No comments: