Friday, February 3, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment

Here is another review from the seaweed line from the body hop. This serum is meant to be used in place of moisturizer, but I rarely find myself doing it that way. I got this treatment as my birthday gift and for racking up the amount of points I received from purchases. If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.


I hate to lead you guys on, so I’m just going to flat out say that this is going to be one of those short and sweet reviews. I had a horrible reaction when I used this treatment for a week. At first I didn’t notice it as much because I had blemished skin, but then my face started getting itchy. By the end of the week I had to stop using it because my face was full of rashes. I hate saying stuff like that because it grosses me out, but I have to speak the truth. I am so bummed that this product didn’t work out for me because the first night I used it, my face was so soft and lush. I think the ingredients in this treatment were just too harsh for my skin and it just ended up at the bottom of my beauty graveyard. I do not recommend this at all for people who have sensitive skin and are easily prone to blemishes. Just thinking about how bad my skin reacted to this serum makes my heart drop down to my stomach. I had such a horrible week after stopping the use of this treatment that I was in a huge funk. I could not leave my house because my skin was so irritated. Luckily this was the last of the seaweed line that I tried, and it did completely put me off from the rest of the products. That’s all I have for this review, so talk to you next time. Enjoy! :)

Price: $20.00USD
Amount: 1.0 fl oz.

What The Body Shop says about their product: "A light, easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free moisturizing gel. Innovative technology purifies and balances the skin in the areas you need it most, while delivering essential moisture to the drier areas and essential protection for the day ahead."

Will I repurchase this?: NO. I had a horrible allergic reaction to it and I broke out in hives.
Do I recommend this?: Unfortunately I can’t because of the reaction I had.
Recession Seal: Denied.

  • Packaging: 3/5
  • Value: 3/5
  • Effectiveness: 2/5
  • Price: 2/5
  • Overall: 2/5

Where to Buy: (The Body Shop stores/online.)

If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points.

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.




Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: