Thursday, February 2, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

I have a love hate relationship with this toner. I love it because of how it makes my skin feel, and I hate it because it doesn't go past that. If you wanna read more about this products, please click the jump for more!



I feel like this toner could have more potential if I were to dedicate myself to using it for a year or so. I'm the kind of person that has to stick to a routine that is perfect for me. If something is so so to me, I will most likely replace it to look for something better. I love the way this toner smells (just like the cleanser) and it leaves a refreshing feeling on your skin. It's always nice to see all that extra gunk that you missed with the cleanser when you use a toner. It did a really good job of removing any excess dirt and traces of makeup. I feel the same way about the toner as I do the cleanser, I just don't find it suitable for my blemish prone skin. I am happy that this toner didn't make me break out though. I was disappointed when I finished this travel sized bottle because it just didn't make a difference for my skin. My sister used it once and she said it made her skin super smooth, she has the complete opposite skin of me. If you have normal to combination skin and only worry about skin balance, then I definitely recommend this. I bought this because it was one of my friend Sam's favorite toners and I had to check it out. Like I mentioned with the cleanser, if my skin ever goes back to normal I could see myself using this toner. That’s all I have for this review, so talk to you next time. Enjoy! :)

Price: $12.50USD (+10% off with membership)
Amount: 6.76 fl oz

What The Body Shop says about their product: "An alcohol-free, refreshing and purifying toner. Instantly and effectively conditions, purifies and refreshes the skin, removing traces of make-up and cleanser. Leaves skin feeling fresh, purified, and looking shine-free."

Will I repurchase this?: If my skin ever balances out and turns normal, then yes.
Do I recommend it?: Yes, it leaves your skin feeling balanced and not dry at all.
Recession Seal: Approved. Especially with the membership discount and BOGO offers.
  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 5/5
  • Price: 5/5
  • Overall: 3/5

Where To Buy: (The Body Shop stores/online.)

If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points.

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.







Disclosure: The Product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: