Sunday, February 5, 2012

REVIEW: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

So here’s another post about the seaweed line at the body shop. I really liked this moisturizer for when my skin was really oily during the summer. If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures.

I have to start off this review by saying that this moisturizer is one of my favorites to this day. It's another one that I bought by the recommendation of one of my favorite YT'ers Sam. I started using this during the summer and when your skin is an oil slick like mine, a little goes a long way. I have to say though that during the summer it is a different story. I would not recommend this for dry skin because when I tried using it during the winter, it was cracked out city once again. Not to mention the application was horrid, as if I was laying drywall onto a surface. So during the summer I applied this after the toner and it was such a refreshing feeling because it does feel cooling when you apply it. I feel like it gave me the perfect balance of moisture and matte so that my makeup application was smooth and even. Luckily this cream did not make me break out which is the number one concern I always have with anything new that I use on my face. 

One thing that I loved at first about the seaweed line was the fresh smell it left on the skin, but I've noticed that after using it for along time the fragrance becomes a problem. I wish not every product in the line was so strong in smell because when I used it all in my routine it started to make me nauseous. As much as I loved the moisturizer, I can't apply it onto my face without getting nauseous. It's not at all because it is a bad smell, but because it is so strong and so in your face right away. The fragrance does linger for about an hour or two, so if you have a sensitive nose this might be a no go for you. 

Overall this cream performed very well considering it is not a high end product technically. If you have normal to oily skin then this cream will please you greatly. That’s all I have for this review, so talk to you next time. Enjoy! :)

Price: $16.50 USD
Amount: 1.7 oz

What The Body Shop says about their product: "An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating moisture cream. Leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion"

Will I repurchase this?: I’m not sure yet. I think I would rather get the one from the tea tree line because of my blemish prone skin.
Do I recommend this?: Yes! It dies a good job at mattifying your skin without over drying it.
Recession Seal: Approved.

  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 3/5
  • Effectiveness: 4/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 4/5


Where to Buy: (The Body Shop stores/online)

If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points.

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.




Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: