Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review: Dinair Airbrush Studio Beauty Kit Pt. 2


Welcome to the second part of my review for the Dinair Airbrush Studio Beauty Kit. I'm dedicating this part to the colors and products that came with this kit. If you want to know more about the foundation and other airbrush makeup it came with, please read on. If you missed part 1 of this review on the gun and compressor, check it out here. This review is going to be for the products that came specifically with this kit, and then I’ll do a separate review for the full size foundation.
So this kit came with 4 foundation shades in Dark Golden Beige, Tawny, Nutmeg, and Honey Beige. The 4 glamour shades it came with are Light Smoke, Light Bronze, Peach Pink, and Barely Pink. This foundation by far has given me the best finish I have ever had in my life! The only one in fact that I've actually gotten compliments on. My face is so far from flawless it's across the globe from it. So for this to do the trick it's just amazing to me! It's so easy to do once you get the hang of it, and it really does last all day. But once it's on it's on, no touching up with makeup remover anywhere because you will mess up and what's the point of that?


I'll leave this review by saying that unfortunately I don't use this product too often. Mainly because I am a glasses wearer, and this isn't for us I'll tell you that much. The rest of my face lasts all day except the parts where the frames touch. So I end up with patches on my face without the makeup, and it looks disgusting. But if you are lucky enough to not need glasses then this foundation is supremely amazing. I so wish I could wear contacts and I would be happy with my HG foundation that is airbrush. But since my eyes can't take contacts, glasses it is. If I ever decide to wear contacts, this would be my HG foundation. If you ever decide to venture into airbrush makeup I definitely recommend Dinair. Their customer service is great, and you won't be disappointed with them. Enjoy!

Price: $259.00USD
Amount: Each sample size of glamour makeup has .25oz
Shades Available: Too many to name but there are 15 foundation shades, 10 blush shades, 14 for eyes, 10 for concealers and adjusters, 12 for fantasy fun, & 18 for shimmer/highlight colors.
Will I repurchase?: Yes, but I think I got a faulty gun, and haven't gotten a good foundation match yet even after mixing.
Recession Seal: Denied. Depending on what makeup level you are on, this isn't the best option for beginners because it can be tricky.

What the kit comes with:
-Airbrush & Compact Compressor
-Dinair Airbrush Foundation (4 shades)
-Dinair Glamour Shades (4 shades)
-Moist & Dewy Moisturizer
-FREE DVD & live Phone Lessons
-Eyebrow & Eye Shadow Stencil Set
-Storage Pouch
-Airbrush Cleaner
-Eyeshadow Guide

What Dinair says about their product: "Our glamour makeup is Water Resistant, Water Based, Silicon Free, Oil Free and blends seamlessly to reveal and conceal. Developed for film and television and used by celebrities worldwide, the makeup sets on contact without powder and lasts Over 18 Hours."

The Studio Beauty Kit is recommended for personal use, in-home tanning, and daily wear, glamour with high definition and for light to medium camouflage. This kit is great for beginners and intermediate users.


Blush: Also has a very natural look just like the foundation.
Eyeshadow: A nice matte color that definitely takes practice to perfect.
Moist & Dewy: Although I do have oily skin, this gave me a nice dewy look for sure.
Airbrush Cleaner: I finished it very quickly, so I've been using just water and baby shampoo to clean my gun. It seems to be working, but not as good as this cleaner that's for sure.
Eyeshadow Guide: This does help a lot but annoying to have this bulky thing in your eyes while trying to apply eyeshadow.

Pros:
-Large Shade range.
-Natural flawless look.
-Long lasting.
-Water-proof (tested).
-Sweat-proof (tested).
-Shimmer gives off a nice sheen.
-Refreshing and cool application.
-Didn't make me break out.
-Good for sensitive skin.
-Can give full coverage when applied correctly.
-Blush and eyeshadow blend nicely.
-Looks really good in pictures and video.

Cons:
-Can look cakey when over applied.
-States that it only gives light-medium coverage.
-Not self setting on oily skin like mine.
-Can get pricey when used for full coverage.
-The steel balls at the bottom of the bottle get stuck quite often.
-Might not be the best for uber dry skin.
-Rubs off with slightest wipe motion (wipes, makeup remover, etc.).
-Rubs off horribly for glasses wearers (where the frames touch your face.)

Packaging: 4/5
Value: 4/5
Effectiveness: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

Where to Buy: (Dinair.com)

Let me know how this product works out for you and if you liked it or not. I would love to hear people's feedback because honestly this is just my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to like it or hate it just because I say it is good or bad. Always look out for what's best for you and try a couple of things out. Thanks for reading.













Disclosure: The Product mentioned in this post was sent as a sample for consideration by PR to be featured on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.





No comments: