Saturday, August 7, 2010

REVIEW: The Body Shop Tea Tree Cleansing Wipes

Here is yet another review on the tea tree line at The Body Shop. If you wanna find out how this product met or didn't meet my standards for clear skin, read on!



Hmmm these wipes are definitely a favorite of mine for when it is just not possible for me to go through my whole night-time skincare routine lol. Another short review though because the product pretty much speaks for itself. I definitely recommend this to those of you who have used the tea tree line with success. I do have to say though that these are definitely not for people with sensitive and dry skin because they are pretty drying. Also I would recommend to use these wipes after you have taken makeup off your face with makeup remover. NEVER try using these on your eyes because it will be a stinging catastrophe! I did it once and it will never happen again. 

I actually don't feel as guilty for not going through my whole skincare routine at night when using these. The tea tree oil helps to defend against any acne I might get from sleeping in my makeup. I stopped using them as much because for me they're not as "all-in-one" as they claim. I stopped using them completely after I weened off all things with tea tree oil in them. But if you have acne prone skin or super oily skin I would recommend these as a skincare step rather than your whole skincare system. Enjoy!

Price: $12.00USD (+10% off w/TBS Card)
Amount: 25 Wipes.
Will I purchase again?: Yes! Especially for those nights when you are dead exhausted and don't wanna go through the whole washing routine.
Recession Seal: Accepted. These wipes are a triple threat when it comes to those lazy days when you don't wanna wash-tone-moisturize-and treat, which I rarely have.

What The Body Shop says about their product: "The Body Shop® difference: When the seasons change, so can your skin — and sometimes not for the better. Our new Tea Tree range with a triple blend of natural active ingredients — Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. Best if you want to: Minimize breakouts, tone your skin and unclog pores with a convenient, one-step wipe that sweeps away make-up, impurities and excess oil."

How It Works: 
-Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
-Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.

Pros: 
-Great for oily skin.
-Helps get rid of blemishes.
-Helps maintain blemish free skin.
-Tingly refreshing feeling great for summer.
-Dies help calm and soothe your sensitive/irritated face.


Cons: 
-Habit could get expensive if used everyday.
-Packaging is cheap.
-Can't use to remove eye makeup.
-Doesn't remove all makeup residue.
-Not good for dry skin.
-Fragrance is very strong.

Packaging: 3/5
Value: 4/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Overall: 5/5

Where To Buy: (The Body Shop stores or here.)

If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's about a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points. And since I buy pretty much all my skin care stuff from there I've racked up quite a few points. 

Click here for more info on the whole awesomeness knows as the tea tree line.

Let me know how this product works out for you and if you liked it or not. I would love to hear people's feedback because honestly this is just my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to like it or hate it just because I say it is good or bad. Always look out for what's best for you and try a couple of things out. Thanks for reading.






Disclosure: The Product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: