Saturday, August 7, 2010

REVIEW: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

Not too much to say about this product so it's just a short review after the jump.




Needless to say, this spot treatment sucks pretty bad, I have no idea why I even purchased a 2nd bottle after I finished the first. The overall worst thing about this product is that it smells 10 times as worse as the other products from the line because this is pure tea tree oil. So if you can hardly stand the smell of the other regular products from this line don't even bother getting this. I recommend this to people who get small blemishes every couple of months. This spot treatment mostly works on blemishes that have already popped/erupted. So when the top of it is fresh it will work best. Kind of works on whiteheads as well but it takes constant application, which is never fun. So yeah I have my HG spot treatment which I will be reviewing shortly as well. Look out for that. Enjoy!


Price: $9.00USD (+10% off w/TBS Card)
Amount: 10ml/0.33 fl oz
Will I repurchase?: Nope, I have another HG spot treatment so stay tuned for that.
Recession Seal: Denied. If you get 1 little pimple every couple of months then this should be okay for you. But if you get more than that then you'll go through this quicker. I finished 2 bottles, and didn't repurchase after that.

What The Body Shop says about their product: "The Body Shop® difference: When the seasons change, so can your skin — and sometimes not for the better. Our new Tea Tree range with a triple blend of natural active ingredients — Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. Best if you want: A natural, targeted solution to help clear blemishes quickly and effectively without over drying the skin."

How It Works: 
-Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contains properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
-Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.

Pros: 
-Helps with smaller blemishes.
-Can be used during the day.
-Doesn't dry out your skin.

Cons: 
-Horrible horrible smell!
-Little amount for what you pay.
-Didn't help on larger blemishes.


Packaging: 4/5
Value: 2/5
Effectiveness: 2/5
Overall: 3/5

Where To Buy: (The Body Shop stores or here.)



If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's about a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points. And since I buy pretty much all my skin care stuff from there I've racked up quite a few points. 



Click here for more info on the whole awesomeness knows as the tea tree line.

Let me know how this product works out for you and if you liked it or not. I would love to hear people's feedback because honestly this is just my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to like it or hate it just because I say it is good or bad. Always look out for what's best for you and try a couple of things out. Thanks for reading.

Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased 100% by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in anyway whatsoever to talk about this product.





No comments: