Sunday, August 8, 2010

REVIEW: The Body Shop Tea Tree Mask

Here is yet another review on the tea tree line at The Body Shop. If you wanna find out how this product met or didn't meet my standards for clear skin, read on!






So one thing that I have to say about this mask is that I'm glad I only got a sample of this because unless it would have been free it would have never been in my possession. This mask doesn't really do me any justice, and I honestly don't get anything out of it. I think this would only work for maybe someone with dryer skin. I'm actually glad that I finally finished the sample so I could throw it away. I definitely prefer masks that harden because then I feel the satisfaction that it will dry up my existing blemishes. I would not recommend this at all because I didn't see any benefits from it. My skin didn't feel tighter, my pores didn't look smaller, and most definitely none of my blemishes dried up in the least bit. So this review rounds off the last of my posts for the body shop's tea tree oil line. Next are some products from their seaweed line, so stay tuned! Enjoy!





Price: $15.00USD (+10% off w/TBS Card) 
Amount: 3.85 oz./110gm./100ml.
Do I Love This?: Not really, I prefer hardening masks to help dry out any blemishes.
Recession Seal: Denied. This mask does less than a less expensive mask would do, for example Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque.


What The Body Shop says about their product: "The Body Shop® difference: When the seasons change, so can your skin — and sometimes not for the better. Our new Tea Tree range with a triple blend of natural active ingredients — Community Trade tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil — work together to keep skin clear by helping to prevent blemishes and blackheads, and controlling excess oil. No matter what kind of climate you live in, using our Tea Tree range as your daily skin care regime will help combat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, and control oil and shine all year long. Best if you want to: Leave skin feeling deeply cleansed and refreshed with an instantly cooling mask that helps remove impurities and absorb excess oil while soothing and calming blemish-prone skin."


How It Works: 
-Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
-Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
-Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling calm and refreshed.


Pros: 
-Don't need a lot of product per application.
-Cooling fresh sensation great for summer.

Cons: 
-Overpowering smell.
-Doesn't harden.
-Can't use close to eye area ie: pores.


Packaging: 5/5
Value: 3/5
Effectiveness: 3/5
Overall: 3/5

Where To Buy: (The Body Shop stores or here.)


If you do plan on checking out the body shop I very much recommend getting a membership card with them! You will definitely not regret it. It's about a $10 yearly charge and you will save so much money on discounts/sales/events and occasionally even free products when you rack up points. And since I buy pretty much all my skin care stuff from there I've racked up quite a few points. 

Click here for more info on the whole awesomeness knows as the tea tree line.

Let me know how this product works out for you and if you liked it or not. I would love to hear people's feedback because honestly this is just my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to like it or hate it just because I say it is good or bad. Always look out for what's best for you and try a couple of things out. Thanks for reading.



Disclosure: The Product mentioned in this post was purchased 100% by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I work at the Body Shop. I dont know if you've tried, but get a sample of the Seaweed Mask. I love it. It reduces pore size and is a clay mask, but itsnt too drying. Just my opinion :D