Sunday, June 29, 2014

Review: Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Cleanser

Product Name: Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detox Cleanser
( @michaeltoddtrueorganics )



What Michael Todd says about their product: "This unique cleanser utilizes the properties of Activated Charcoal in a base of organic aloe vera to neutralize acidity and absorb impurities while sugar cane and maple provide gentle exfoliation for increased cellular turnover. Amazingly absorbent, Activated Charcoal is widely known for its ability to effectively cleanse the skin, unclog pores and remove deeper impurities and dead skin cells. Beneficial for all skin types, powerful antioxidants and tea tree and other essential oils provide effective anti-aging and blemish healing properties, including treatment of acne, rosacea and eczema. Sulfate free "no tears" formula does not irritate eyes."

I received this trial sized cleanser as part of the Acne and Oily Skin Kit for $33.00. I honestly can’t say that I love this cleanser. It lasted long enough for me to decide that I would not be purchasing it again. First off the pump was horrible. I had to pump it like 15 times just to get a decent amount of product. It’s a gel consistency so only a little runny. It doesn't lather so you don’t get that squeaky clean feeling to your skin. I really don’t feel like it cleaned much at all. I think the only pro I can give it is that it didn't make me break out. So maybe it can work as just a basic daily cleanser. I do not feel that it benefited my skin in any way. After washing my skin it just felt okay. Not dry or oily so I guess it helps remove surface oil from throughout the day/night. It is a high priced item that I think if I can’t find a good drugstore alternative I will invest in. @aprilathena7 swears by it so I think I will get it again just as an everyday cleanser since I like that it didn't break me out or worsen my existing blemishes. It did not help with my acne but it helped with the oil so it did an okay job.

PROS:
-Cleans skin without overdoing it.
-Did not make me break out.
-Did not irritate my blemishes.
-Organic

CONS:
-Smell is strong.
-This specific packaging was horrible.
-Does not help remove makeup or deep cleanse.
-Did not help with clogged pores.

Overall Rating: 6/10

Where To Buy: (www.michaeltoddtrueorganics.com).

If you guys have any questions after reading this review, please feel free to ask away. I'll try to the best of my knowledge to answer.

-randomjess

Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for my own personal use.

No comments: