Friday, October 12, 2012

REVIEW: Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skin

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Olay's Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer SPF 30 Sensitive Skin.



Hey guys! Long time no talk so first off sorry about that, I'll be doing an update post soon on why that is. So today I want to review an oldie but goodie. This is not a new product whatsoever but it is well loved so I decided to give it a try. At the time I began using this my skin was still in really bad condition. The first time I used it I instantly fell in love. It left me with a perfect finish. Not too shiny and not too dry, just comfortable. As I used it more and more I was hooked because as you guys know if you read my blog, the first thing I always worry about is breaking out. Which is why if you guys have similar skin problems to mine I definitely recommend this moisturizer. The packaging is great because the control pump is really handy for not using too much. Now to attack the claims. Olay says that this product is supposed to be light and non-greasy on the skin. I could not agree more! This is of course one of the main reasons why my fellow oily skinned ladies will love this one. One thing that some might see as con is how liquidy this moisturizer is. It honestly does feel odd when applying to the skin so that might throw people off immediately but not to fret my loves. It absorbs within a matter of seconds! Also like most moisturizers this one leaves a bit of a white cast for a couple of minutes, but that also goes away quickly. Now for the amount, you get 2.5oz! Are you kidding me how awesome is that?! Most people would shy away from the price tag, as I honestly first did. But people always forget to factor in the amount. A high end moisturizer like this would run you probably double the price for half of the amount. Trust me it is a steal, especially with all of the drugstore coupons and sales that are constantly going on.

I only recently had started caring more about SPF when I started using this product so that is why I played it safe with an SPF 30. This is also the main reason why I no longer use this product because I did spend a lot of time outdoors so I needed more protection. I might purchase this during the winter season because my current SPF is almost out and since the sun will not be out I could get away with this SPF 30. Overall this is the best drugstore sunscreen I have tried and I definitely recommend it to those of you on a budget. Enjoy!

Price: $14.99USD. (varies)
Amount: 2.5 fl oz / 75 ml
Types Available: Sensitive and Normal skin.
Good For: Definitely sensitive, oily, and blemish prone skin.
Do I recommend this?: Absolutely! One of the best moisturizers I have ever tried.
Will I repurchase this?: Probably not, but only because I need something with more protection.
Recession Seal: Approved. This bottle lasted me for over a year.


What Olay says about their product: "This light, non-greasy daily formula replenishes sensitive skin with moisturizers including vitamins while SPF 30 provides UV protection. Add Complete SPF 30 Defense Daily UV Moisturizer-Sensitive Skin to your skin care routine to: Moisturize with a light formula you can use every day. Help protect skin with SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen. Replenish skin with conditioners including vitamins E, B3 and pro-vitamin B5. Light, Non-Greasy Formula."

Packaging: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Overall: 5/5!

Where To Buy: (Drugstores, drugstore.com, Wal-Mart, Target, and Amazon.)




Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.






Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: