Friday, August 10, 2012

REVIEW: Ole Henriksen Blemish Attack Purifying Mask

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Ole Henriksen's Blemish Attack Purifying Mask. It is 1/6 of the Oily and Blemish Prone Starter Kit available at Sephora. I have decided to review all of the products separately instead of in 1 post, because that's just what they deserve. 



This is one of the products that took me a while to get adjusted to. As you all know if you read my blog, I suffer from oily/combination/blemish prone skin. It's an everyday struggle that keeps me on the hunt for the products to make my skin a little better. I started off using this once a week because it dried my skin out and I gradually added another session. I started using it 3 times a week shortly after and I did notice a huge difference in my skin. 
It didn't work as well for whiteheads as it did for the nasty ones that stay under the skin. One thing I have to say is that if you use this mask even with oily skin you need to be prepared with an intense moisturizer for afterwords. So this mask was an overall win for me and I just wish that it would work on my whiteheads as well. If this mask could also help with clogged pores then it would be the perfect solution for me! That is it for this review, and thanks so much for reading. Enjoy!

Tip: Something I like to do when I get a major situation on my face is dab a little of this as a spot treatment overnight. It reduces the swelling by a lot.

Price: 1 oz. for $20.00USD OR 1.7 oz. for $32.00USD
Amount: 1 oz. and 1.7 oz.
Will I repurchase this?: I'm not so sure because I like using this on rare occasions because of the price. I really wish I could afford it more often.
Good For: Oily/Blemish Prone Skin.
Do I recommend This?: If money is not an object, then absolutely!
Recession Seal: DENIED. This is definitely a luxury mask 

What Ole Henriksen says about their product: "This reparative anti-inflammatory mask promotes clear and healthy skin with salicylic acid, copper and zinc. The paraben-free formula combines purifying clays and calming botanicals to help absorb impurities, minimizes breakouts and reduce excess surface oil. African red tea and green tea Strengthens the skin’s outer layer, slows the aging process, calms and soothes the skin"

Key Benefits:

  • Salicylic acid Removes dry and flaky skin
  • Aloe vera Moisturizes, calms and heals
  • Copper and zinc Calms and soothes with antioxidants
  • Eucalyptus extract Oxygenates and prevents infection

Packaging: 3/5
Value: 3/5
Effectiveness: 4/5
Price: 3/5
Overall: 4/5



For reference this is what the kit looks like. Look out for the reviews on the rest of these products.



Where to Buy: (Sephora stores, Ole Henriksen, or SkinStore)

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.





Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product. 

No comments: