Friday, June 15, 2012

REVIEW: Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub

If you want to know more about this product, please read on for the rest of the review and more pictures. If you can't tell by the picture, this is Ole Henriksen's Walnut Complexion Scrub. It is 1/6 of the Oily and Blemish Prone Starter Kit available at Sephora. I have decided to review all of the products separately instead of in 1 post, because that's just what they deserve.


I absolutely love this scrub and I am so happy that this almost full size product came in this kit. I have maybe enough for 2 uses so I am really trying to make it last because I can't splurge on a new one just yet. I don't think a lot of people have given this scrub much of a chance because of the price tag. Although it is on the higher end of the price spectrum, a little goes a long way with this scrub. With this trial size I would say that I got a good 20+ uses out of it. All I needed was about a dime sized amount, and I tried to use it at least once a week. This is what I would consider my luxury scrub. I have one that I use most of the time which is the Natural one, and this one is saved for nights before special occasions. I liked using it before going out to a party or the morning of because it got rid of any dead skin I might have had on my face from previous blemishes. I also loved how it left my face glowing and silky smooth. I didn't really notice any benefits other than my face having a nice glow after using this scrub. But since that is all it claims to do, I am left a happy camper. That is it for this review, I hope you guys enjoy this product as much as I do. =)

Price: $24.00USD
Amount: 1.7oz. (full size) (kit contains 1oz. size)
Will I repurchase this?: Yes it definitely delivered for me.
Do I recommend this?: Yes this is my holy grail exfoliator! My luxury choice of course.
Recession Seal: Approved. A little goes a long way and it is very potent.

What Ole Henriksen says about their product: "Every so often, your complexion needs a little extra attention to enhance the skin’s natural renewal cycle. Nothing does this better than a densely textured, smooth gliding and terrifically energizing facial scrub. Activated with water, the finely ground walnut powder foams up and slips over the skin effortlessly to awaken beautiful glowing skin, and it foams up to scour away dead, tired skin cells, while literally vacuuming up impurities. Excellent for all skin typesIt is formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, and phthalates."





Benefits:
-Aloe vera Moisturizes, calms and heals
-Chamomile Calms, softens and soothes
-Korean ginseng Increases cellular energy, stimulates microcirculation
-Walnut powder Mildly abrasive, aids in cell renewal

  • Packaging: 4/5
  • Value: 4/5
  • Effectiveness: 5/5
  • Price: 4/5
  • Overall: 5/5
For reference this is what the kit looks like. Look out for the reviews on the rest of these products.



Where to Buy: (Sephora or Ole Henriksen's website.)

Remember that I love feedback! Let me know if you have tried the product featured in this post and your thoughts on it.

Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in any way whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: