Monday, July 25, 2011

REVIEW: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer


So off the bat what I didn't like about this product is specifically the wonky color range. I'm normally an NC42-3 in MAC but for this concealer the NC43 was too dark. The next shade down is NC35, which is light but it oxidizes on me so it balances out. So this is the only case in which I won't mind it oxidizing. I can only use this concealer under my foundation, and when my skin is in good condition a.k.a no dry spots. I personally can't use this concealer under my eyes because I tend to be dry in that area. I actually really like the pigmentation but it doesn't work well on active blemishes, you would need to layer it and then it just gets cakey. One of the better aspects of this concealer is the price with the amount you get. You get half of a foundation basically and you do not need a lot of product to cover what you need.


The smallest drop of concealer covers extremely well. This concealer is in my eyes heaven sent because it didn't make me break out and I can actually make it work for me. As you can see in the pictures, the color is a bit too blue based. I need something more olive/yellow toned. All in all this concealer does the job for me. In the future I would like to find something more yellow based but for now this will do. I definitely recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind any of the things I mentioned above. Another tip I heard about this concealer is that it works best on bare unprimed skin. That's not something I would try but for those of you who don't wear primer anyway I would say to give it a shot.





Price: $16.50USD.

Amount: 9 ml / 0.30 US fl oz.

Shade Range: 15 ranging from NC-NW.

Will I purchase again?: Sometimes. It can really make your dry pots look flaky.
Recession Seal: Approved. You get a ton of product, and a little goes a long way.

What MAC says about their product: "A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump."

Pros: 
-Long lasting.
-Rich pigmentation.
-Good amount.
-A little goes a long way.
-Good coverage.

Cons: 
-Accentuates dry spots.
-Dries quickly.
-Uncontrollable pump.
-Shades run darker than normal.
-It oxidizes throughout the day.

Packaging: 3.5/5
Value: 5/5
Performance: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

Where To Purchase: MAC counters/stores/online. Anywhere MAC is sold.

xoxo,
Jessica

Let me know how this product works out for you and if you liked it or not. I would love to hear people's feedback because honestly this is just my opinion. It doesn't mean you have to like it or dislike it just because I say it is good or bad. Always look out for what's best for you and try things out for yourself. Thanks for reading.

Disclosure: The product mentioned in this post was purchased 100% by me for personal use and to be featured here on my blog. Honesty is always the best policy, so I can honestly say that I am not being compensated in anyway whatsoever to talk about this product.

No comments: